Welcome to Puffins Class!
Class Teachers: Ms Edwards and Mrs Brown
Classroom Assistant: Mrs Hornal
PE day: Friday
In Puffins class we are kind, we are a community, we are curious and we strive for excellence!
- We know that it’s ok not to know something, because then we can learn.
- We help each other to learn, just like our school bees the Zip Twins.
- We always try and do our best, because that’s how we improve.
- We love art and enjoy improving our drawings, using critique. We make sure we are kind, helpful and specific, just like Austin bee.
- We are learning to listen so that we can listen for learning, just like Buzz.
- We enjoy phonics and the challenge of writing words before our friends have made the word on the Bug Club board.
- In maths we make connections with our learning, just like Brains.
- We love singing and moving to the beat of a song – we just can’t help clapping our hands and dancing to the music.
How Puffins learn
Each term we have a BIG question to answer; this driving question sets the learning for the term.
Can we imagine a world without colour?
Our classroom environment also reflects this question, giving us a fantastic space to experience what we are learning about, making it feel real and fun! It's so exciting when we receive challenges from different characters too.
Please read at home every day, researchers have discovered that those children who read every day will achieve their best at school and then in adult life.
Please click links below to see Termly Planning documents: